6.3.15

# 3 5

General Conference:  A semiannual gathering of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. During general conference weekend, Church members and others gather worldwide in a series of two-hour sessions to receive inspiration and instruction from Church leaders. Source. 

The messages that are shared are inspired and of God which we learn in D&C 1:38 when He says, “whether by mine own voice or by the voice of my servants, it is the same”. I know that when the prophet, apostles, relief society president, and any other church leader stands at the pulpit at general conference, they are delivering the messages that God would share with us if He were here today. 

To help me prepare for the big weekend in April, today I’m going to start on #35 from my 101 in 1001 list. My goal is to read a general conference talk every day for the next month.  I specifically chose to read them instead of listen to them.  While I enjoy listening to general conference talks and still get a lot out of them, I can tell a difference in retention of the message and the spirit that is felt compared to reading it. My guess is that the difference is because when you are listening to it you can be thinking/doing 100 other things.  When you sit down and read a talk, you give it your full attention. 


I am excited to start this and share with you the things I learn along the way! 

No comments: